Working Safely and Capably for You in the Winter
Safety is of the Utmost Importance when Working Winter.
Safety is ingrained in our culture - to protect lives, homeowners property, and your reputation. Safety is critical all year long - especially this time of year, when inclement weather can create greater risk. When you use Wimsatt Building Materials for your unassisted rooftop delivery needs, you know that your delivery is being held to the Gold Standard:
- Safe placement of material based on engineers' recommendations and roof structure load capacities - bundles placed, not dropped, on the roof
- Convenient placement of material that saves your crew time and effort - no need to move or reorganize material
- Delivery teams properly trained on (and utilizing) fall protection equipment in accordance with OSHA standards; accessing the roof appropriately with secured ladders
Eliminate risk and go with the Gold Standard for Unassisted Rooftop Delivery.
We don't know the term "Winter Hours".
When you have work, you need your materials right away. Whether we’re in the heart of the season or the dead of winter, that doesn’t change. So why should our hours? Many building material distributors reduce their hours in the winter - that's not the case here at Wimsatt. Need a delivery scheduled? Just have to pick something up? Want to demonstrate products to your clients in a professional showroom setting? No problem. The sun could be shining or the snow could be flying, but you can count on all of our branches year-round to provide the same level of dependable service to support your business Monday-Friday, 7am-5pm, and Saturday, 7am-12pm.
Keeping it Capable
With decades of experience that have helped us develop best practices for winter delivery, we have the right people and procedures in place to handle your work regardless of seasonal or jobsite challenges. Our delivery teams undergo monthly training to review the proper handling of deliveries in all seasons. So not only are they equipped with the tools necessary - they travel with calcium chloride, shovels, and snow rakes during the winter - they're armed with the knowledge and expertise to handle all types of deliveries in tough winter conditions. Because weather should never be an excuse to delay or decline a delivery.
Products for Winter Productivity
Stay productive on exterior construction and remodeling projects this winter with roofing and siding products that extend the working season.
- Steep Slope Roofing: If you have roofing jobs this winter, consider SBS shingles - flexible down to 0 degrees for easier cold weather handling. We've four SBS shingles in stock: Atlas StormMaster Shake, CertainTeed NorthGate, GAF Timberline Armorshield II, and Owens Corning Duration Flex. Additionally, adding blown-in insulation like Applegate R-Value cellulose or Owens Corning ProCat to your roofing bids can help homeowners lower energy costs while adding more profit to your roof job.
- Low Slope Roofing: We've got flat roof maintenance products from Karnak Corporation in stock to tackle all of your low slope roof repair needs.
- Exterior Cladding: Installing fiber cement siding? Go with pre-finished fiber cement siding from James Hardie - available in 20 stock colors that eliminate the need for field painting and offer the peace of mind of a factory warranty.
- Windows, Doors, and Rim Joists: Stop air infiltration with Dow foam insulation products.
- Winter Work Items: We've got the winter prep items you need to stay productive in the cold and snow, from calcium chloride and roof rakes to emergency roof repair cement and thermal gloves.
Winter's here, but there's plenty of opportunity out there... let's get to work!
About Dave Karras
Dave Karras is the Marketing Manager at Wimsatt Building Materials.
September 09, 2018
January 01, 2018