Dear Valued Customers,
Wimsatt remains committed to serving the needs of our critical infrastructure workers during the COVID-19 crisis. We are instituting expanded safety procedures that will allow us to open our facilities once again to serve you, while maintaining safe physical distancing. To ensure the health and safety of our employees and yours, beginning Monday, May 4th:
- All of our employees are required to wear masks at all times.
- Employees that handle paperwork and cash will wear nitrile gloves.
- To enter a branch, customers must wear masks. A mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- Upon entering a branch, customers must wait in a clearly marked 8’x8’ waiting area until directed by a salesperson to approach the sales counter. Hand sanitizer is provided and its use encouraged.
- Blue tape on the floor denotes how far back customers must stand from the counter to maintain a safe 6’ distance from our salespeople.
- Blue “X”s on the floor will mark locations for customers to stand and maintain a safe 6’ distance from each other.
- When picking up material, customers must remain in their vehicles and wear masks. Customers must tie down their material outside the gate.
We strongly encourage all customers to continue to call in pickup orders for will-call and communicate by phone as much as possible.
Our safe and continued operations is based on our interpretation of the March 19th U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cyber & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) memorandum describing those who provide services necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences as critical infrastructure workers. Simply put: damaged or failing roofing, siding, and windows threaten the safety of homes, and we remain open to serve the critical businesses whose work addresses these threats to residences.
With these policies in place, we are confident that we can continue to serve your needs as we navigate this crisis.
Rob G. Hoffman
President & COO
About Wimsatt Building Materials
Wimsatt Building Materials is a distributor of quality steep slope & low slope roofing, exterior cladding, windows & doors, and specialty building materials. We serve builders and contractors with our gold standard in service from eight locations across Michigan and Northern Ohio.