Wimsatt Can Service Your Building Material Needs During the Stay-At-Home Order Extensions
Dear Valued Customers,
Two weeks ago, Ohio issued an extension of their Stay At Home Order through May 1, 2020. Last week, Michigan announced an extension that will last through April 30, 2020. In Ohio, the Stay At Home order identified contractors and their suppliers as essential businesses. To that end, we have been able to serve our customers. In Michigan, we have been limited to supporting the work our customers are able to perform under Michigan’s more stringent Stay At Home Order. In both cases, we have experienced higher than anticipated requests for our services.
Wimsatt Building Materials will continue to be OPEN from 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday to service your pickup and delivery needs, while our facilities remain closed through the duration of the stay home orders. The safety of our employees, customers, and communities remain our top priority; thus we continue to limit staff to the minimum necessary to sustain limited operations, while practicing safe distancing and daily cleaning of all work areas and equipment.
Please note our adjusted operating policies:
- ORDERING: You must call in your orders, as our facilities are closed.
- PICK-UP ORDERS: For pick-up orders, we'll have your material and paperwork prepared in the parking lot with minimal face-to-face interaction, following the guidelines outlined by the MDHHS and the CDC.
- ORDERS FOR DELIVERY: We can handle your delivery needs. As we've reduced staffing, we ask that you give us a 48 hour lead time to coordinate delivery requests. In some cases we can facilitate same-day or next-day deliveries, and will do our best to accommodate your needs.
In Michigan, we're seeing contractors put security and weatherization measures in place to protect assets on new construction jobsites. We're also seeing remodelers prioritize projects to complete home repairs and replacements for the safety of occupants, such as when deteriorated or leaky roofs threaten homes. For contractors performing work in Michigan, keep in mind the following is absolutely critical:
- All workers must follow the social distancing and other mitigation measures as outlined in 5(c) of the executive order.
- When starting a new repair/replacement project, check with the local municipality regarding permits and make sure to follow their guidance if standard permit issuance is unavailable.
- Your workers should be prepared to explain to law enforcement officials that they are essential workers following the protocols established by the executive order and working in accordance with any additional local requirements at the city or county level.
We are hopeful that the Stay at Home orders will be lifted in May and that we will be able to reopen our facilities. In the meantime, your Territory Manager is available via phone or email to help you plan your upcoming work. If you have jobs that need to be quoted or deliveries that need to be scheduled, they can work with you to prepare those jobs today.
The COVID-19 crisis continues to present challenges unlike any we have ever faced; we will overcome them together.
Rob G. Hoffman
President & COO
- Executive Order 2020-42
- HBA of Michigan frequently asked questions following Town Hall Meeting on Coronavirus
- Governor's Letter of Clarification to Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey concerning Construction
- Executive Order Frequently Asked Questions
About Wimsatt Building Materials
Wimsatt Building Materials is a distributor of quality steep slope & low slope roofing, exterior cladding, windows & doors, and specialty building materials. We serve builders and contractors with our gold standard in service from eight locations across Michigan and Northern Ohio.